Rising Star Showcase - 2017 Student Concert
Saturday 16 September Showtime 6:30pm
Coogee Diggers Auditorium Cnr Byron & Carr Streets.
Rory Phillips & Chloe Buchan will share the stage with GJMusic students to showcase and celebrate young rising stars and aspiring musicians.
What's the Goal?
The goal is for each student to experience the thrill of performing in a theatre venue, learn what it takes to commit, prepare and audition for a live show.
How do I Register?
- Enrol for Term 3 and have your term fees paid up.
- Fill out the registration form on this page which includes $20 registration fee. This fee is to hire a sound technician so we all sound fabulous on stage!
- The registration fee is non-refundable.
- Perform in a whole school group item only or audition for a solo, duo or small group act. Every student will participate in the whole school items.
- Save these dates:
5/8: Registration Deadline
10/9: Rehearsal at venue 11am-1pm
16/9: Sound check at venue - time to be advised.
What's the Commitment?
- Rehearsal at the venue Sunday 10/9 11am-1:00pm. This is for whole school items especially - you need to know how to get on and off stage, where to stand on stage and we need everyone in attendance for this.
- Sound check on day of concert 16/9. Time to be advised.
- Auditions for solo and small group acts on Sunday 13 August 10:30am OLA Parish Centre. These are not compulsory and only for those who want to prepare a special item of their own choosing. These items may well be decided with their teachers in class time and rehearsed in classes.
- Accepted acts will need to be prepared by August 13 so decide on songs now and start practising!
What Acts will be Auditioned?
- Solos, duets and ALL group acts (other than whole school group acts) will need to be auditioned as we won't have time on the night to include everyone.
When Can I Audition?
- Sunday 13 August from 10:30am at the OLA parish centre, Donovan Ave, Maroubra.
What if I'm not involved in the Concert?
- The work we will do in class will be of benefit to all students regardless of whether they participate or not.
Other Concert Details
- Cover Charge for adults on the night will pay for auditorium room hire. This is separate to the registration fee/production expenses. Children will attend for free.
- Tickets: Available at the door by cash on the night.
- Video: There will be no professional video available, feel free to film to your heart's content!
- Raffle: We will raffle a new guitar along with other items - so will be calling for parent volunteers to help out with selling raffle tickets.
- Bar facilities available in the auditorium.
- Bistro meals available before concert.
Thank you for taking the time to read these terms and conditions so that we all know what's expected and appreciate what's involved in putting on a great show!